Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I recieved a phone call one day from my husbands cousin

Customer Question

Hi, I recieved a phone call one day from my husbands cousin saying that they receieved an anonymous letter. At this point me and my husband werent in good place with his mom and dad. I would say 2months already then we recieved this phone call from his cousin saying they receieved anonymous letter and that its involving my kids and calling them little rats. And my reaction was ahhh ok and then i didnt respond to her further. I laughed and thought of the best thing to do. I remembered that every time we have a fight with his parents his mother somehow able to change the dynamics and tells us she receieved anonymous phone calls and then in the past our issues is put behind and ended up comforting her and then everything is all good. And now i realised no this is rubbish im not gonna call her anymore and so did my husband. We both agreed to not give any attention. Then a second letter came and apparently its just talking and lambasting me and my husband and kids in the letter. So i told his cousin why dont u go to the police and apparently on 31st December 2015 they did and point the finger to his mums cousin coz they are not in good terms aswell. And now the police called her cousin and was surprised that they r cousins because she didnt mention it. While talking to the police he concluded that it cant be her and also she said you are more than welcome to investigate in my house and that she is also curious who wrote it. Another scenario was I was excahnging sms to his cousin the who tells me whats going on. So im getting upset and bored so i thought ill play mind games coz Honestly my gut feeling is telling me that its just his mum and his cousin doing this. So me and her very quick exchanges of sms and in the end i told her ummm u know i know who is writing the letter. And she didnt reply for 2hrs. And her reply was really??? To be continued..
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What is your question?