Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

We are a not dog club incorporated in Qld and we as a board

Customer Question

We are a not for profit dog club incorporated in Qld and we as a board are being threatened by 2 members with court action against the board and individual board members if we expell them. We need to know where we stand legally if we go ahead?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not as yet.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: We believe that under our constitution we can expell them as members due to their actions. What they are saying is that if we go ahead that they will take the organisation to court and also individual board members. This is not what we need as board members so we have decided to get some legal advise on what to do next.
JA: Tell me more about your problem so I can decide what kind of lawyer you need. I'm sorry I'm feeling very dense today, I just don't understand what variety of lawyer you are looking for. Could you please name the kind of lawyer you want to see?
Customer: I believe that we would need someone that has had experience with clubs and constitutions. We are registered in Qld and our constitution is based on the model rules.
JA: Are you ready to see our criminal law expert?
Customer: Yes, we need to know where we stand legally.
JA: Awesome. OK. The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

hello
I may need to see the constitution, however what does it state to allow people to be terminated?
Surely there is a clause which allows that?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.