Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I red a trailer from caltex star mart Samford on saturday. I

Customer Question

I hired a trailer from caltex star mart Samford on saturday. I paid 35 dollars cash for 12 hours which I bought back before that time was up. I also paid 200 dollars cash for a deposit. When wanting my 200 dollars back they did not give me cash instead they tried to put the money back in to my account via my debit card. The next day I looked at my account and they not only did not put the 200 dollars back in but they took another 200 dollars out. They now owe me 400 dollars. They will not answer the phone and when I went there yesterday there was no manager to talk to. They took down my details but did not get back to me. I am wondering what I need to do to get my money back. I have the receipt and also my account history. Is that all I need or can they argue that.
Thank you,
Tony
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Hello
Send them a formal letter in writing demanding the money back.
What they have actually undertaken is fraud. Although I suggest the police may not get involved, it would be wise perhaps to contact them, explain the situation and perhaps an officer will call them on your behalf to have the money paid immediately.
Failing the above, consumer affairs in your state will be happy to assist also.

All you really need is the receipt and bank history to confirm what occurred.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further after accepting.