Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I traded binary options with a company called Global Trader

Customer Question

Hi, I traded binary options with a company called Global Trader 365. They owe me some $41230.00 USD and I am led to believe the money is being held the Dominican Republic. I have been asked to to Pay an amount of $500 USD as part of fees and taxes to release this money. I have asked them for a written guarantee that this is all I would be asked for, and they have given that guarantee in writing via email. I am still concerned that this may be part of a scam. My Question have you heard of Global Trader 365 and its insurance co YTF
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon
My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

This is a scam and you should not pay any money.

How much money have you paid to them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for that . I traded with them some time ago. I was advised to trade with them by another trader. I actually made money and they did allow me to withdraw 5000 USD but not any more as they said they had replaced my money with bonuses etc.
So the amount of my own money that was used is 25000 USD. Thanks for your help. ***** *****
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

The question is what do the terms and conditions say.

You have to look at them.

Also if they are based overseas the courts here cannot do anything for you.

But do not send any money as the ones that request money to release funds are scams.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

I am happy to call you if you are in australia

can you elect to have a call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in WA my mobile is 0429 984 246 Thanks
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

You have to elect a phone call and offer to make a payment.