Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I am going to be appointed as Enduring Power of Attorney

Customer Question

I am going to be appointed as Enduring Power of Attorney for my brother. He may have made an Enduring Power of Attorney in NZ with his ex-partner but as he had lost his memory at the time he can't remember. He wants to revoke that Enduring Power of Attorney now and do a new one. Firstly, if he made one with his ex partner in NZ can that be revoked from here (now living with me in Western Australia)? If so, can I print out a revocation clause to state this? And secondly, if a new EPA is made here in WA can it be effective in NZ - need to sort his financial situation out. Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry my name is Bette
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 9 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Yes they have laws that make them valid but he has to revoke the olde one and notify his ex.

He has to revoke it in NZ he cannot revoke it here.

Here is some information for you.

http://www.cab.org.nz/vat/gl/roi/pages/powersofattorney.aspx

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards