Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Victoria police arrested my cousin on 4th Feb 2016 and

Customer Question

Victoria police arrested my cousin on 4th Feb 2016 and released him on bail on the same day.In his bail there is only one condition is there that he must attend court on 9th April,2016.He is Srilankan citizen,he is on visiting visa and hi visa expires 2nd November,2017.Now he wants visit his country in this month and he will return back next mont ending 10 days before his attendence in court.IS THERE IS ANY PROBLEM TO HIM WHILE TRAVELLING TO HIS COUNTRY?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

He should make sure that he gets approval from the police because he may be in breach.

If he does not come back they will issue a warrant for his arrest.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is my cousin travel to his country without informing polce? Because he is not violating bail condition and he will return back 10 days advance of his attendig court.
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning

What are all his bail conditions. Just going on what you have said provided he is back before the hearing he is ok but I need to know all the conditions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Only one bail condition that "attend on 9th April 2016 at 9.00 a.m.before Court and then surrender himself not depart without leave of the court and, if leave is given, return at the time specified by the court, and again surrender himself into custody"
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning

He cannot leave it is clear that he cannot depart without the leave of the court. if he leaves he is ion breach even if he comes back.

He will be locked up.