Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My wife was caught unregistered vehicle in Queensland, we

Customer Question

my wife was caught unregistered vehicle in Queensland, we have never missed a rego payment and paid 2 other vehicles when due at the same time as the 3rd - some how missed and cant recall a final warning letter? she has been summons to court - do we need a lawyer as the fine will be bad enough - we don't want a conviction recorded ...she has no previous
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no - but I feel we should
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: we have never missed a payment , also we got the appropriate checks and paid the rego within 3 hrs of finding out we were not registered
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Is thenis the first time this has happened? How late is the payment? Have you now paid it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
1st time
5 months - as they have removed stickers last year as well : we paid within 3 hrs of the police booking and the car was legally back on the road
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Evening

So it is now paid before you go to court?

You can have a solicitor represent her and provide an explanation to the court and also show it has now been rectified and ask for leniency.

Alternatively if she feels confident enough to speak for herself she can do it.

There is no need to have a solicitor represent her.

I hope this makes sense?