Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My mother does not know where $1.6million from the house

Customer Question

My mother does not know where $1.6million from the house sale that my brother arranged. He put her in a flat at his house. She is not capable of making financial decisions. ..my dad died and did that for her. Socially isolated no public transport. Showing signs of dementia. My brother won't allow her to see daughter or granddaughter. She's scared of him. Please help. Regards ***** *****
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Id you mother has dementia, does anyone have financial management or a power of attorney?

Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning

I have requested you get a refund for the other question you asked as it is a duplicate. Can you please let me know, does your mother have dementia and if so does anyone have a power of attorney or financial management order?