Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Ive been summonds to federal circuit court but wasn't given

Customer Question

hi ive been summonds to federal circuit court for bankruptcy but wasn't given the summons personally where do I stand
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You have to be personally served unless they have an order for substituted service.

If you are disputing the summons you have to file a response.

Do not do this on your own because it is all procedural and the slightest error would result in the order being granted.

Have you been served with a creditors petition?