Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I own 1/3 of a property with my sister and brother in law.

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** own 1/3 of a property with my sister and brother in law. My niece (my sister's daughter) is supposed to be buying my share of the house. I have been waiting for the money for over 12 mths now. Today we are suppose to have settlement with Rams solicitor, but I have been informed now that my niece can't or won't pay the stamp duty, there for Rams won't release the money. Do I have the right to auction the house off? I am currently homeless and have been for the last 12 mths. My niece along with her two children and husband have moved in to the house in question. I have put a deposit on a motorhome 3 mths ago, when they initially got the approval for the money. My sister is hell bent on screwing me over as I caught her having an affair. Just to give you an idea of what is going on in the back ground. I am only on a disability pension and suffer from Trigeminal neuralgia. This is taking a Huge toll on my health. Do I have the right to sell the house?
Help please.
Thank you
Gregory.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Has a contract for the sale been signed?