Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have signed lease guarantee friend of mine business and s

Customer Question

Hi ***** *****, I have signed lease guarantee for a friend of mine for his business and his business is doing good and he has been issued with default notice. What are my options to get out of being a guarantor? This is in ACT.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My friend started a business and I have been signed in as guarantor. The lease term is 5 years and only 1 year has gone. She has been issued with default notice for not paying rent and arrears. I am afraid if something goes wrong. I will be liable for the liabilities of her. Therefore I want to get of being a guarantor. What are my options?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Are they trying to re-lease it to new tenants?