Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Recently I topped up my mortgage through a broker and locked

Customer Question

Recently I topped up my mortgage through a broker and locked it in for 2 yrs at 3.99%. From the time the process took place I signed papers on Thursday 17.12.15. I was told this was not signed off until Tuesday the 22.12.15 conviently the same day as the interest rates went up to 4.19%. I am only paying minimum amount each fortnight and now I'm getting txt nags that my payments are in arrears. Is it my broker/ the bank or banks broker doing me over? Please help me Neil
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor in NSW who will help with your inquiry today. If you've locked in the interest rate you shouldn't be concerned about 4.19% should you? Or did you sign a document with that rate on it?

It is impossible to say what is going on without seeing what you have been charged and what you have paid. Do you have a copy of your bank statement showing the interest that has been charged, the rate and the payments you have made? If you can scan that and attach it I will have a look at it for you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Kylie nice to meet you, I Am not able to scan at the moment but will do it tomorrow. Can I send them then? I can tell you I never signed any document at 4.19%. I feel someone has been dishonest and it's a matter of principle.
Expert:  kmslaw replied 10 months ago.

That's fine. Speak to you tomorrow.