Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have been suspended from driving months, due to driving

Customer Question

Hi I have been suspended from driving for 5 months, due to driving offences committed during a period of 3 yrs, I have an overseas drivers license what are my chances if I file an appeal to let me drive to and from work only
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You cannot be caught driving on any licence. If you are caught you are in breach and you will be facing a possible jail term.

You can appeal the sentence if you believe it is too harsh but you have to understand that the appeal judge can give you a greater suspension than the original magistrate.

I assume you did not have a solicitor represent you. You should speak to a solicitor and have them look at the record and also the decision of the magistrate.
They will tell you to provide references form third parties and they will then tell you what you chances are.

It is not a simple matter.

You have 28 days from the date of the decision to file your appeal.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards