Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Or madam, Nawipa. I'm living in Lakeland - Queensland -

Customer Question

Hi sir or madam,
My name is***** I'm living in Lakeland - Queensland - Australia. I'm actually originaly from West Papua, just because of the politic I'm here. I miss my home so much for sure but I'm proud to be here and become Australian. I'm now Australia Resident and have been living in Australia for 10 years. Anyway! The reason why I'm sending you this message is because of my girlfriend. She is from Papua New Guine and She will come to Australia soon in next month and we have decided to live together forever but the problem is she will come to Australia on Tourist Visa and her visa will be end in May 2016 too.
So therefore, I'm sending you this message to ask you that is it possible for her to apply (change) her Tourist Visa to Fiancee or working visa before her visa end in May? Thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

As a permanent resident if you have known her for more than 12 months and can prove this you can apply when she is here for a partner visa.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-

This has to be applied for before he visitors visa expires.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards