Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My son just start a new job and on a month trial, on s

Customer Question

My son just start a new job and on a month trial, on his contract he will be paid fortnightly but was only find out yesterday that he's not gonna get pay till after his month trail then he get that whole month pay and will be pay fortnightly from there on. He wasn't told that he won't get his trial pay fortnightly nor hi contract . The question is. Is it legal to work for a month trail and not getting pay? Also did his boss misleading my son for not telling him that he's not getting pay till his trail month end? On his contract he is to get pay fortnightly. He is desperate financially n will be kicked out where he lives now.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What does the contract say?

Usually when being paid monthly you get 2 weeks in arrears and 2 weeks in advance.

It is legal but he has to rely on his contract.

What exactly what dos it say?