Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I've just received an AVO from my ex partner, I was at the

Customer Question

Hi, I've just received an AVO from my ex partner, I was at the court and I gave my consent without admission.... in the statement she has made is written that my ex new partner stated that she is scared of me as I made verbal abuse contacts with her in the past!! I'm 100% sure I never did that, is there a chance I could sue her for defamation?
Thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Unfortunately no.

By agreeing to the AVO the court has not read any of her evidence and it is not on the record.

It is too late to now test it because you have agreed to have the orders made without any admission to the facts. So the court has not even read them.

I am Sorry I could not give you anything more positive. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards