Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My daughter and her husband are separated living in NSW.

Customer Question

My daughter and her husband are separated living in NSW. They have 2 children 8 and 6.
Both children were immunised via homeopathy. With the new laws they have had the necessary blood tests done and have been advised there is no immunity. This being the case Government immunisation has to take place. However, my daughter now has a full time job and requires the childcare rebate for before and after school care. She is willing to participate in the immunisation programme but her husband is refusing. What are her legal rights in this matter
Regards
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

This is a hard one because they both have rights.

If the father refuses to give consent and they children cannot be immunised he is going to have to pay the fees.

If your daughter is not prepared to pay she has to take the matter to court and have her husband overruled.

There are no legal rights here. The issue is what is in the childrens best interests.

This may be a matter for the courts to decide. I am sorry I cannot give you anything more positive.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards