Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I qualify age pension and I already applied, still waiting

Customer Question

I qualify for the age pension and I already applied for it, still waiting for their reply, however I didn't resign from my work just took holiday and long service leave so that in a few months I can decide if I still want to work or quit work for good. My wife who was a looking after our children until now has applied for newstart because she now want to find employment but it seems centerlink require a separation certificate from my employer. Will I get the age pension and my wife newstart payment?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You have to prove that you are retired and no longer working otherwise you will not get the pension.

If she qualifies for new start she will get it and your pension will be affected by any income she earns.

You will both get benefits

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards