Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I had tried to withdraw my claim with AAMI, the operator

Customer Question

I had tried to withdraw my claim with AAMI, the operator reject my withdrawal by the reason of the claim s being investigate. What should I do?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Have you spoken to the person that is handling the claim?

Did you get any information about what is being investigated?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had receive a call from AAMI investigate department, I had a 20min interview over the phone and at the end of the call, the investigator told me it's different from police report with my interview. They will transfer my case to other investigation department. They will arrange a face to face interview which including all my financial, phone record and my criminal record. They will also need my wife interview as well.
At this stage, I really don't want to continuous the investigation. I am just willing to withdraw the claim.
I called AAMI claim department, I told them the reason why I want to withdraw the claim and the operator from claim department told me, the case is pass to investigation and they cannot withdraw my claim.
What should I do?
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning,

Do you have the number of the investigator?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
07-33300326 her name is*****
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

I cannot call them.

If you have the number. You call the investigator and advise that you do not wish to proceed

There is nothing I can see in the PDS that does not allow you to withdraw your claim