Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have recently uncovered insurance fraud by my sister-in

Customer Question

Customer: I have recently uncovered insurance fraud by my sister-in law and her husband.She did an affidavit saying how she hurt herself and that it was at home.Several years later she claimed against workers comp for that injury and was awarded $120,000.00.Her husband has also made claims for third party compensation and more recently for falling in a shopping mall injuring his knee.Their son made a claim against victim compensation even though they never caught anyone. These people are professional scamers and they need to account for their actions. They are also on centrelink benefits which they are probably not notifying centrelink of their windfalls.Can you give me advice. This started in 1996 and the recent claim i think was last year. They are in NSW.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I want to remain annoymous but as I said I have just been in a court battle with this women and husband and the information came out in court documents how she said she hurt herself at home then we produced documents that she made an insurance claim for the same injury 6 years later and claimed workers comp and got a payout of $120,000.He also made a claim for between 60-80 he couldn't remember how much it was and what he spent it on. He also made another claim last year for a knee injury.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If you wish to report them contact the insurer and make the report. They will investigate. Most insurance companies have fraud lines and you do not have to disclose who you are.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards