Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My name is ***** ***** and trying to track my late father's

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Morris and trying to track my late father's will, thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well he told me he made out a will at Roma QLD and i never saw it and i would like to track it down and see if what he told was true thanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes not a problem thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You can contact the Supreme Court of QLD and see if there was a grant of probate made.

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/courts/supreme-court

If they have granted probate then you can apply for a copy and it will have the will attached. If no will existed then they may have applied for Letters of Administration.

This is the first step.

Also you can check with Solicitors in the ROMA area and see if they held any will for your father.

There is no register if wills in Australia unfortunately

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards