Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My name is ***** ***** I have fallen behind by about 6000

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** I have fallen behind by about 6000 aud in my contributions to my trustee ,can the garnish my wages that I receive from my employment in PNG.I live and work in Bangkok for the PNG company. I am a non resident for tax purposes in Australia
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have had problems with the salary contributions for some time nowI receive ,after PNG tax is deducted ,7200 aud /month.I am paying for the rent and utilities and 1700/month for my wife and Grandson in Australia
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am living in Bangkok with my 17 months old daughter and her mother.I have not been back to Australia for about 2 years now.I have contacted my trustee re this he requested receipts for all my expenses in Australia and Bangkok .I gave him a monthly summary for it all but he wants proof that I actually paid the bills myself he will not just accept receits. Ok I can wait no problems
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Trustee for Bankruptcy?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

I doubt he can touch any money in PNG but if you are paid into an account in Astralia or your payments come from an employer in Australia then he can access it.

You have to abide by what he says so reciepts are required. He cannot touch you in Thailand but when you caome back they will get orders stopping you from leaving.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Afternoon

Just following up my last post. Is there anything else I can assist you with?