Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Im trying to acess my service leave. I was working company

Customer Question

Hi im trying to acess my long service leave .
I was working for a company then another c I mpany bought the buiness .I know im entitled to have my service leave and now the company whom bought the company has lost all previous records from the prevoius company. And I now have to prove a stsrt date and file evedience of the following.
Payslips can I use bank statements
Superannuation reports which I can get.
Company stateme of employment from previous owner . Can I get them from previous owner or can I get a statement.
Legal evidence from transfer of business .what do I ask my previous owner to provide.
Last I need a affidavit which im not sure what one is and do I need one from previous owners.
If you can help me it would be great with some advise as hr department are been difficult to speak to.
Many thanks mark raby
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

When you transferred to the new company did they recognise your previous service?