Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My name is ***** ***** Wecker and i wish to adopt the

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** Wecker and i wish to adopt the children of my wife (34 and 30 years of age).
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes - I am living in Austria (28 years) - we have 1 son living and studying in Australia - he has joint citizenship - my wife has 2 children that are not from me - we have been living as a family since our marriage in 1987 - can these 2 children (now adults) get the Australian Citizenship?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok - how do i make payment?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I am sorry but the news is not good.

Adult adoption is not that simple and is not possible in all states.

What state of Australia are you in and where are the children located?

Expert:  Leon replied 10 months ago.

Good Morning

If you wish to attempt it you should be contacting the Department of Childrens Services in your state. They deal with adoption and they will confirm if it is possible in your state.

All the best and good luck.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards