Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I purchased a holiday club membership in Bali from Regent

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is Kirsty. I purchased a holiday club membership in Bali from Regent Holidays. I emailed them within 7 working days to tell them I wanted to take advantage of the cooling off period and and then emailed them again several times to cancel the contract but they said they do not want to. Can you please advise what my possibilities are here
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. What details would you like?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yep
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You cannot cancel it as there is no clause that allows the termination. You have to cancel your credit card that they are taking the payments from and then let them know. They will then terminate the agreement for your breach and sell it to another person. They cannot sue you in Australia

You lose what you have already paid though.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards