Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Is it possible patent a new way of preparing a supplement?

Customer Question

Customer: is it possible patent a new way of preparing a supplement? e.g. a new type of tablet or capsule?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: eg most supplements are in tablet form or capsule form. What if I could make the supplement in a form of a chocolate? Could I patent this technique of presentation?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you confirm payment and when you might be able to answer my question. Thank you
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If you think you have an idea that can be patented you need to lodge an application with IP Australia

http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/get-the-right-ip/patents/

It has to be a unique idea that will be given exclusively to you.

Now there are already companies that are using chocolate to distribute good bacteria but you can look them up on PI Australia.

I believe if you can do it with supplements then you may be able to patent it.

All the best. Happy new year if there is nothing further.

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards