Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I booked a Florida holiday package on line for $1500 0ver

Customer Question

I booked a Florida holiday package on line for $1500 0ver dollars and I realise i am too old i am 80 years over and i wish to get a refund but there is no email address i can contact can you help me please
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning and Merry Christmas

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I do not understand what you mean by being too old? Who did you book it through? Did they advise you about age restrictions before you booked?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my computer has been down could not respond sooner. baught on line as a prize Florida Holidays www.727Florida .com.No I was not asked my age. Ilodged a with my bank an was given my $1500 over back in to my bank in November but in December it was taken back and i am left with owing this money.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The age limit for this holiday is 75 years and i am over 80
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

When did you discover the age limit?

Before or after you signed up?

You have received your money back?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hey I have been charged $80 and $73 I dont wan't to pay any more money it came up on my computer that i had won a $ 3000 H0LIDAY FOR 4 PEOPLE BY AFTER LOTS OfTALK I THAUGHT IT WAS OK so i perchased the holiday for $10574.00 the name of th company is FLORIDA SUNSHINE HOLIDAY i WONT BE ABLE TO TAKE the holiday FIRSTLY I AM OVER 80 AND SECONDLY i cannot afford the air fares to go with it all i want is my money back $10574.00 thank you Leon EDith Warne
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

I am not sure about the $80.00 and the $73.00 are they fees for here?

If so I can let the administrators know.

It appears that you have been scammed but the holiday people.

You should report it to scamwatch.

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/

If they are based in Australia you can also report them to the police for the fraud and sue them for the money back.

But I suspect they are overseas and Scamwatch is the only way to deal with them.
If you have paid it with your credit card you should notify the bank to stop the transaction and get it back.

You have paid $10,574.00? I though it was $1,500.00

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No i have not been scammed it is a ligimate company all i need to know is how to go about getting my money back and if i can? the price is $1.500.00 the other was a typing error sorry i said that the company gave my money back in November and then took it back in December so what can i do now.
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

If they refunded your money they had no right to take it back unless you authorised them to do so.

Did they take it from your credit card?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it was taken from my bank account put in in november account and taken out in december account
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning

Have you reported it to the bank that it was not authorised?

Also you have to report it to the police it is theft and fraud