Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My name is ***** ***** Richardsob and my question is whether

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Richardsob and my question is whether I can buy a house in Qld. anonymously. thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This house is a deceased estate and I knew the previous owner and know his family. I want to maintain anonymity for that reason.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

In the end you will have to have your name on title and on the contract. Unless you wish to buy in the name of a company and then the only details will be the company details.

If you then want to transfer it to your name it is a same and you will pay stamp duty again.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

Have a Great Christmas if I do not hear form you before then.

You are very welcome and thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards