How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5357
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm recently separate from my wife. And I need a $50000

Customer Question

I'm recently separate from my wife. And I need a $50000 business overdraft for the everyday running expensenses till I get on my feet. If I'm not approved is my dad able to go guarantee on the loan
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

There is no legal reason why your father cannot go guarantor to help you secure your loan.

Going guarantor is a serious commitment at any time, but whilst your financial situation may be uncertain given that you will likely need to reach a financial settlement with your wife at some point in the future, so for that reason, before proceeding, it may be prudent for you to review your situation with a family lawyer so you can get a sense of the sort of settlement that is likely to be achievable with your wife, a then you will have a better idea of whether or not you will be in a position to repay such a loan.

I trust the above assists.


Merry Christmas


Expert:  Patrick H. replied 11 months ago.

Please rate my answer.