Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

This man is saying i threatened m with email but i believe

Customer Question

this man is saying i threatened him with email but i believe he threatened me with emails using fake names and profiles.in 2011 octoberi gave some proof documents to detectives and proof of an events card number i went to the police to report it.2011 maythe problem is this man has killed someone so his trying to accuse me and/or cause problems for me because his guilty.i have explained things to detectives and the nsw homicide squad and have made it clear i am not planning on hurting anyone.the big problem is this man keeps pestering me trying to contact me online using fake names and fake profiles and contacts me using private numbers and is close by lurking around my home i believe.due to a lack of evidence i cannot get avo against him as he'll deny it due to it being fake names the police haven't caught him yet.and i fear this will be an ongoing issue with this man pestering me do you have any advice for me>is there something else i can do ?thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You have to start keeping a record of all the contact he makes with you. Emails phone calls etc. You should collect this and when you have regular contact then you can take out an AVO with the police.

Alternatively if you believe you have enough you can take out a private one. But this means you have to run it the police will not.

Here is some information

http://www.ncsmc.org.au/wsas/legal_system/avo_tas.htm

All the best with it.

Have a Great Christmas if I do not hear form you before then.

You are very welcome and thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards