Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I am one of the executors of my fathers estate s solictitors

Customer Question

Customer: i am one of the executors of my fathers estate his solictitors has advised that he will get three real estates in on his property I'm fine with that but the property has to be put into my sisters and my name why can't it be in the estate of my father which we are dividing into beneficiaries
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what details do you need
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: father passed on 28.11.15 my sister & I are executors as well as beneficiaries have cleared dads house out Mum passed away in 97 thats when he made his will'.I'll wait and pay. I got on appraisal though not in writing for $700.000 plus for his property which I find acceptable as he has asbestos on his property that he purchased in the 1955 onward but before 1958
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

It has to be placed in the name of the executors because this is the only way it can be sold.

It is noted that you hold it as executor not owner. This only gives you the right to sell it.

What he is doing is correct.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further Have a Great Christmas and a happy new year,

and thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning

I am just following up my last post. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a great new year

Regards