Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My name is ***** ***** and I am wishing to send a cease and

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I am wishing to send a cease and desist letter to two people. They have defamed me on Facebook and I wish for it to stop.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ok, I had a falling out with a friend in January, some nastiness was exchanged, he sought a Misconduct Restraining Order on me and the case was dismissed. I spoke with the legal aid about getting my personal belongings back and was advised to send an email to request the items be returned. He posted the email to facebook, called me a trolling roller mole and bitch, made fun of the medical items I want back and his partner also shared the email to his facebook page and said nasty things.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am in Western Australia
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Does it go to your character and have you been treated differently by those that have seen the post?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have been unfriended by mutual friends and those are now avoiding me. I feel humiliated as I am not the person that they think I am.
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning

Here is some information for you

http://www.ahernslawyers.com.au/our-services/defamation/

http://www.legalaid.wa.gov.au/InformationAboutTheLaw/treatment/Pages/Thingspeoplesay.aspx

Your letter has to set out that it is false and defamatory and that they have to take down what they have put up and also apologise

If they refuse you will take action and that will cost them money in the form of compensation and costs.

Keep a copy of the letter you send to them.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Morning

I am just following up my last post. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a great new year

Regards