Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

We have had a vacation club membership years. We have rarely

Customer Question

We have had a vacation club membership for some years. We have rarely been able to use it as we have bronze membership and cannot afford to upgrade to silver, gold or platinum membership which would create greater access to the facilities offered. Also we are now retired and we are caring for an aged parent. We have tried to sell it but cannot sell it. the yearly fees are over $500.00 per annum. We have asked the company to absorb our original monies ($13,000.00 in about 2003) into their assets and to release us from membership but there has been no response to our suggestion and continuing demands for yearly fees in spite of phone calls, emails etc. Where do we stand legally?
Regards, Noel & Margarita Williams
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I assume that the contract does not have anything in it allowing you to terminate?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not sure about that. How can I find out?
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

You have to look at the contract. Do you have it? If not ask them for a copy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We are still trying to locate the contract as we recently moved house (last weekend) and if we cannot find it we'll ask for a copy of it
Expert:  Leon replied 11 months ago.

Ok Once you have it contact me again