Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My body corp apartment i own is asking me to remove my Sales

Customer Question

My body corp for the apartment i own is asking me to remove my Sales board. I have not yet sold it. I cannot sell it without a board. They have also charged my real estate agent who charged me for the space to put up the board. This is criminal since im the one paying the bills. They dont own the building. We do the land lords do.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Are their by-laws that govern for sale signs and do you need to get their approval?

The body corporate is made up of unit owners. Or are you referring to the Managers of the strata?