Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I'm ***** *****. My issue is regarding the negligence/fraud

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. I'm ***** *****. My issue is regarding the negligence/fraud of my real estate agent in regards ***** ***** property I am now renting.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: WhenI inspected the property, I informed the agent of our (my brother and I) intent to be long-term renters. We lived in our previous location for 7.5-8 years. The agent assured me that that would be suitable. He also told me that the property had been acquired by the landlord by inheritance. This is a lie. We signed the lease and the date of the end of the lease is the 1 Feb 2016. I questioned him about it and once again he told me not to worry, that they weren't going to kick us out or anything and that the owner needed that date on the lease ffor tax purposes.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: We have been given a notice to leave after a week had elapsed of the tenancy.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Why are you sending me questions and answers form Just answer?

Has someone else been working with you?