Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My game account was banned, something I have never done.

Customer Question

My game account was banned for macroing, something I have never done. This happened just a few days after my most recent subscription of annual membership. Their policy claims no appeals, refunds or reconsideration will be processed should such bad behavior occurred, but I simply didn't do it, and they refuse to listen to me. Similar bans have occurred to many accounts registered in China, and others suggest they have specifically targeted those ip addresses. I just came back to China a week ago, and it might be the frequent traveling that got me banned. This is not right, but I don't know what to do next. Please help me.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I am sorry to hear about what has happened but can you tell me where is the gaming company located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a British company called Jagex, and the game I'm referring to is is called runescape, a massive online role playing game. I have been emailing them constantly, explaining my situation. They claim to try and respond emails within 48 hours, but apparently macroing appeals are their lowest priority, if prioritized at all. I mentioned I will be seeking legal help in one of my last emails, and I am serious about it, but they don't seem to care too much either. I'm not looking for a refund; rather I just want my account back.You system automatically categorized my problem as Australian. This is because I need a Vpn here in China for gmail. However I have never used a Vpn while playing the game. Others online suspected they ban people based on ip addresses. I have full proof that my constantly changing ip is due to traveling instead of any form of cheating; or for any other way of detecting cheaters, I believe I can prove I am not one of them. They simply don't respond at all, denying me the opportunity to at least voice my argument. Also they refuse to show proof of me "cheating" saying it might u deeming their future detection, as said on their website. The website also claims they don't ban people unless absolutely sure, but the system obviously makes mistakes, and I an being blamed for something I clearly haven't done, and I believe I should be able to get my permanent ban go away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More research suggests they intentionally target game accounts that were registered I China. As a Chinese, I feel terrible that many Chinese players are indeed cheaters, but I am not one of them. Also my account was registered at least 8 years ago, and I have been a well behaved member of the community ever since. This is not what I believe to be right for a company to treat its customers, being arrogant and careless.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? If you are not interested in helping me, at least let me know. I would still appreciate your time and effort though.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
exactly what is your advice? I am still waiting...