Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My son moved out of a rental place handed keys in on 6th

Customer Question

my son moved out of a rental place handed keys in on 6th October. Property manager advised where wall had been plastered, needed to be repainted and replace door stopper. New owners moved in on 8th October, Pty Mgr advised she would contact new owners to get a date and time for him to paint and fix door stopper. He waited for 2 weeks, no one got back to him. He phoned Realestate place to find that she had left. They said they would call back and did not. It has been 12 weeks and they still have not got their bond. He phoned the real estate up today and asked what was happening another lady said that, they are taking $400 off for the painting, bond money off for air conditioner repairs was and replacing a light bulb. Apart from the patches on the wall and the door stopper replacement thats all they had to do re their exit report. He said that he wanted his bond back and was going to take the matter further. The Pty Manager advised him he had no proof. What does one do under these circumstances.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did he damage the premises?

Did he have an inspection before he left and agree with the items that had to be repaired?

Has the bond been released to the agent?