Jared Pereira
Jared Pereira, Lawyer
Experience:  Principal Solicitor at Pivot Business Lawyers
88780605

I have been involved in a car accident ( not at fault ) but

Customer Question

I have been involved in a car accident ( not at fault ) but have no insurance, what do i need to do? in Victoria
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Jared Pereira replied 1 year ago.

HI my name is ***** ***** I'm a Victorian solicitor. I'd be happy to try and assist you. Please note that the information I provide is general only, and is not legal advice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok

I am assuming you were not injured and the only damage is in relation to your car? If so, you should first take your car to a repairer and get a written quote and assessment as to the damage and the cost to repair the damage. After you have the written quote, you can send a letter to the other party's insurer requesting for payment. I will quickly draft a sample letter for you. Give me 5 minutes. regards Jared

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks Jared

Hi sorry I think it's best you get at least 2 quotations. Here are two letters: send one to the Driver with copies of the two quotations, and send the Insurer the other one with a copy of the letter you sent to the Driver and the two quotations.

Fill in the bits that I have put in square brackets. Good luck. Regards, ***** ***** you think my answer has been helpful, please remember to rate my answer. If not, I am happy to clarify and discuss further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jared, just waiting on the sample draft letter

Hi they've been attached above?

Reattaching again.

And second letter.