How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5460
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has filed an Initiating Order which I was served

Customer Question

My husband has filed an Initiating Order which I was served with on Monday. This was accompanied by a 60 page affidavit for proper settlement. The Hearing date is 2nd December which doesn't give me enough time to find a lawyer and prepare my response. He has filed the application in 200km from where I now live so I have to arrange child care to attend. Can I have the hearing date changed and can I have the court location changed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

It will not be the hearing date, just the first time in court to arrange what will be done.
The hearing date will not be till months later.
Attend court on that occasion, and a time table will be set for you to respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to prepare and lodge a Response to Initiating Application with an affidavit seven days before the Hearing Date.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Who said this?