Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My husband has filed an Initiating Order which I was served

Customer Question

My husband has filed an Initiating Order which I was served with on Monday. This was accompanied by a 60 page affidavit for proper settlement. The Hearing date is 2nd December which doesn't give me enough time to find a lawyer and prepare my response. He has filed the application in 200km from where I now live so I have to arrange child care to attend. Can I have the hearing date changed and can I have the court location changed?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
It will not be the hearing date, just the first time in court to arrange what will be done.
The hearing date will not be till months later.
Attend court on that occasion, and a time table will be set for you to respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to prepare and lodge a Response to Initiating Application with an affidavit seven days before the Hearing Date.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Who said this?