Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have a problem I'm not sure how to deal with. recently we

Customer Question

hello
i have a problem I'm not sure how to deal with.
recently we did a construction contract for a tier 2 builder.
unfortunately one of the contracting companies order materials with out my knowledge or consent.
the materials supplier booked the materials under my sole trader account instead of the pty ltd company running the contract.
the material supplier is now threatening me personally with legal action,
my question is am i liable for the debt and can i go them with contributory negligence and professional misconduct and if so am i entitled to recover the 8 thousand i have already given them
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

On what authority did they buy it under your account? Had you given them this authority?