Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I need an appeals expert on a supreme court matter where I

Customer Question

I need an appeals expert on a supreme court matter where I represented my self and failed to win on technicalities.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should only be billed for one question.
As I had to submite the same matter in more depth
I paid twice. I should only pay once. Please credit me for one out of the two charges to my Pay Pal account
for more help from Just Answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I am sorry but you will not find anyone that will take this on for free.

If you have been to the point of appealing the decision and failed to win, this will make it even harder to find a lawyer.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Other than Probono
Who ca you recommend if money were no objecf?,
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

The larger firms are the ones that you should look at for this type of thing

If it is matter of compensation someone like Maurice Blackburn, Shine Lawyers etc

They specialise in compensation work

but because they are not involved from the beginning it may be hard even if you pay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much was I billed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to see an attorney by the name of Troy Peisley in The city about the above appeal and he wanted $70,000 which I thought I could pay but I could not pay. Ho can I get out of paying of perhaps 250,000 in costs from the defendants which I don't have? I was counting on winning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I find out if Troy Peisley is registered to practice law. You lookup my failed Decision by lady Associate justice Harrison. Supreme Court. Case no 2015/ 178110. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

You made an offer on what you wanted to pay and that is what you should have been charged.

You will not be able to appeal if you have a cost order against you. You have to seek a stay order for the decision.

What state of Australia are you in?