Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I was reversing out of a car park. Theguy in the car behind

Customer Question

I was reversing out of a car park. Theguy in the car behind me stopped and waved me to come out. Another guy parked behine bro***** ***** lines decided to proceed out and hit me from behind. Now I am being sued for the damage? Who is at fault.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

So you were reversing out of the spot when you collided with the other driver? If you were reversing out and the collision occurred, even if they hit you, you are liable as you have to make sure the road is clear when reversing.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.