Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My partner hasn't been able to see s daughter s seen her

Customer Question

My partner hasn't been able to see his daughter his seen her about 5 times in the last 7 1/2 months he use to have her weekends before I came alone since then things have got worse to the point he gets told nothing she continues to lie she has depression is on and off her meds all the time she goes off the rail quite a lot argrued doesn't listen she know longer puts her daughter first just wondering if mental illness affects a case his gone through mediation she didn't respond showed no interest apart from the the introduction meeting
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I assume that there are no orders in place.

If mediation has failed then he needs to get the certificate and file an application in court to get orders.

If she has mental health issues and is putting the child in danger yes these will impact on where the child lives.

The court is concerned about the best interests of the child not the parents

Here is some information

http://www.familycourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fcoaweb/family-law-matters/family-law-in-australia/parenting-cases-the-best-interests-of-the-child/

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards