Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I am being denied membership of the lls Computer Pals Club I

Customer Question

I am being denied membership of the Hills Computer Pals Club I set up 17 years ago to provide help and tuition for seniors free of charge. It was set up to provide help for any person that could be classified as a Senior and has until now done just that averaging between 400 and 500 members per year. I have been told by the Public Officer that I am not welcome even though I fit the criterion. I have also received replies to my application for membership that I will not be accepted. This is personal discrimination and they will not show why I am not welcome or even allow me a face to face decision for me to allay any concerns that they may have. I was President of the club for 6 years and to my knowledge have done nothing wrong to justify my rejection. The also ignored an application by my wife. I would like to take this up with a chamber magistrate but can't find how
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a solicitor in NSW who will help with your inquiry today. Is it your concern that you have been discriminated against on the basis of a disability or gender or some other protected feature? I am not aware of there being a law against discriminating against a person other than on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, parenting responsbilities, race, age, disability or some other feature.