Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have been issued a traffic ticket (77 in a 60 zone) but

Customer Question

I have been issued a traffic ticket for speeding (77 in a 60 zone) but the ticket states my name incorrectly (wrong middle name "Joh" instead of "John"). should this ticket be questioned?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You can try and fight it but the court will not set it aside because of the error.

If you take this to court the officer that issued it will be called to give evidence and can rectify it and the court uphold it.

If it was from a speed camera you can dispute that as well and they will simply re-issue it in the correct name of the owner of the car.

It will only delay the payment.

If you are required ot go to court on it, do not send a letter but attend. The courts always are more favo

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

It will only delay the payment.

If you are required ot go to court on it, do not send a letter but attend. The courts always are more favourable if you appear and take responsibility.