Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Recently have had a caveat placed on my property, till the

Customer Question

Hi
Recently have had a caveat placed on my property, till the end of a lease on a commercial vechicle for my company, I gave a personal guarantee.
Have been paying off since February.until Sept. when I contacted them to say we would be late with this payment all seemed ok and payment was put right in 16 days, and we are again back in order with payments I also paid over $200 in costs.
Also my situation is that I am a widow and elderly , was applying to be refinanced as my husband in still on title and have property transferred into my name
Now I find I cannot do anything until lease is paid out which is over 3 yrs.it leaves me in limbo, I cannot even tefinance the truck ,which is also something I was doing, I am paying 40% interest so I was keen to be refinance.
I have tried talking to Morris Finance to have the caveat temoved, there answer.is I was 2 weeks late so they need security, Inthought the new truck would be securiy.
If sold the gap between what I owe after sale of the truck could possibly be around $20000.
This is more security than what they need , my home is worth $600000.
I am very fistressed and geel I have been bullied with there unapproachable attitude.
Is there anything I can do legally to have it removed and there bullying tactics.
Hoping for some sound advice
Charmaine Lageman
o411700456
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Do they banks want the caveat removed?