Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My wife and myself have custody of my wifes three

Customer Question

My wife and myself have custody of my wifes three grandchildren. The eldest child who is nine has recently told us how he was constantly beaten by his mothers partner. One instance where he was smacked that hard he wet his pants and as a result was made to wear a nappy and belittled about it. Surely within our legal system this act alone by the partner constitutes child abuse. Your answer please
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

It is and you have to report this to the authorities.

Unless you report this the legal system and the Authorities will not have any knowledge.