Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I am connected to NBN. I wanted to stay as i had been with

Customer Question

I am connected to NBN. I wanted to stay as i had been with my phone with Telstra & internet with tpg, I was told this was possible. However tpg kept telling me about their bundle and how much cheaper etc that I agreed to chng my phone over. This was supposed to happen but my phone was not working correctly and after tpg told me first" to disconnect" my handset then to" borrow a hand set" as well as all the time telling me there was nothing wrong with my phone. On 16 September I decided to change back to Telstra, they were most helpful and agreed it was possible and sent a Technician to the house. The phone was then functioning correctly.
For the last 10 days I have been unable to receive in going calls but can make calls. I have spoken with NBN this morning and they tell me it is possible to have 2 servers. I have also spoken with Jodie at TPG who tells me it is not possible, they have "bundles" and if I don't swap my phone over by 21 November they will disconnect the internet.
If the service from tpg had been more helpful I would have stayed with them but now I just want to go back to Telstra. I do not want to change my internet server.
I am 85 years of age, I live alone and my family is all interstate.
Please will you advice me what to do.
Regards
Mary Snell
tpg account no: 442428
Telstra account number:2000042961969
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What you are told by TPG is incorrect

I personally have my phones with Telstra and my Internet with TPG.

I am not sure why you are speaking with NBN, my understanding is they do internet connections and I dont think you can have 2 internet providers.

You do not have to bundle your phone and internet that is incorrect and if you look at the TPG website you can see they offer internet on its own without phone.

http://www.tpg.com.au/personal/internet

You do not have to change your phone over and you should advise them of what their website shows and if they do not listen then threaten to report them to the Telecommunications ombudsman because the information is false.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening.
I am just following up my last post.

Are you still in need of assistance?