kmslaw
kmslaw, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
72036894

What is need and Proccess to obtain my freight brokerage

Customer Question

What is need and Proccess to obtain my freight brokerage license and bond if you can be specific as possible i would like to open one
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor in NSW and I am going to help with your inquiry today. There needs to be an application prepared to the Comptroller-General of Customs for you to obtain the licence. You will find what needs to be in the application here. There are a few sections referred to in that list which you can click on but one is not clickable and you will find it here. i will just look for other requirements in the regulations too which it says are prescribed. I'l be back soon.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

If you are applying as a person the application fee is $120 and if you are a company or other structure it is $1200.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

The regulations require further information about who will act as a customs broker which is here.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

The form of the bond that will likely be asked of you is here: http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ca1901124/sch1.html. I will just check on the amount.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately there is no guidance in the legislation as to the amount of the bond that can be requested of you. You could probably call the comptroller-general's office about that. I will provide details.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

I couldn't find a number to call but I have already spent half an hour too long on this question anyway. I think the answer may be in the Comptroller General's directions but I would need more time and funds to find it. Have you got enough information now or do you want me to offer you a further service to find the bond amount?