Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

NSW Location, Sydney We have had 3 months of financial

Customer Question

NSW Location , Sydney
We have had 3 months of financial hardship and we have received threatening emails stating they will kick our child out of the school. even though we have demonstrated a plan , they have not been responsive. In fact quite rude.
We have withdrawn our daughter from the pre school
Is there anything we can do
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Are you asking if you can do anything about their behaviour?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whilst we are on the road to recovery ( it was short term cash flow issues ) we pulled our daughter out due to the way they behaved through this. Its aggressive and harassment . Threatening to kick your daughter out ( they did this in writing ) is harassment
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

I am sorry but there is very little that you can do about their behaviour.

You can try and make an application for harassment but you have to show loss suffered. The stress caused is not enough.

If you can show their actions have cause long term or short term psychological problems then you may have a case.

But generally you cannot make a claim.

You can report them to relevant state authority that deals with schools and show the letters and seek that they be reprimanded but that is about all you can do.

I am sorry but there is very little else you can do.

If you are prepared to bring it to the attention of the public call the media. Current Affairs or Today Tonight may like to take it up and expose them for what they do.

This is about all I can offer you.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

I am following up my last post. Do you still need assistance?